Area: 45,228 km2
Time zone: UTC+2
Drives: on the right
Calling code: 372
EU member: 1 May 2004
Distance from Tallinn to:
- Helsinki 85km
- Riga 310km
- Stockholm 375km
- VAT 20%
- Flat tax income 20%
- Reinvested corporate profit is tax free
- Nordic business culture
- Good business connections to Nordic countries, Easter Europe and Russia
- High quality educational system
- Forests cover 55% of the country
- Estonia has over 1500 islands
- Estonia has 5 seasons: Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring and Floods, which follows the thawing of snow.
- In winter it gets very cold and we get plenty of beautiful snow.
- No, there are no polar bears in Estonia.
- In summer and autumn Estonians have traditions to harvest berries and mushrooms from the forest.
- They say that the only thing polluting Estonian air is Wireless Internet.
- Internet cover 99% of the country
- Estonians can vote online
- Tax declaration takes max 5 minutes online.
- Using digital signature saves us already today every month a stack of paper as high as almost 6 Pisa Towers on top of each other – if they were straight.
- We use mobile parking and digital prescription
- Estonia has most start-ups per capita in the world, some of them are Transferwise, GrabCad and Taxify.
- Skype was developed by Estonians.