Merle has also worked at CybExer Technologies, an Estonian enterprise providing cyber training. From 2010-to 2012 Merle Maigre was at NATO HQ in the Policy Planning Unit of the Private Office of NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen. Merle has also worked as a researcher at the International Centre for Defense and Security (ICDS) in Tallinn (2007-2010), served as the Deputy Head of the NATO Liaison Office in Kyiv (2005-2007), and at the NATO Department in Estonia’s Ministry of Defense, in support of the country’s NATO accession (2000-2005).
In our podcast, Merle talks to Florian Marcus about:
- Resilience in cyberspace;
- Why the war in Ukraine is a 21st century war;
- The importance of backing up your family photos and data embassies;
- The lessons learned from the 2007 Russian cyberattacks on Estonian public and private websites;
- e-Governance Academy’s digital transformation projects in the Balkans, Tonga, Ukraine, Armenia, Moldova, and many other places;
- The ongoing cyberattacks against Ukraine (since 2014);
- The Tallinn Manual and Estonia’s role in NATO.
🎧︎ The episode is available on Apple Podcast and Spotify.
See original article here